Sunday, April 25, 2010

News, News, News!!!


The last few weeks have been filled with GREAT news!!! I have kept most of it on the quiet side until I thought things had fallen into place the way I hoped they would, so now I am making my "public" announcement!

I have applied, got accepted into, and registered for.....


NURSING SCHOOL!!!

Yep, you heard right, I graduated from Iowa State in December with a degree in Accounting, and on May 12 I will begin my first semester in Nursing. I will be attending Mercy College of Health Sciences,and will be working towards my BSN (Bachelor's of Nursing) degree. I am so excited to begin this next new adventure in my life, and hopefully will be able to post often and keep everyone updated.

I know going from accounting to nursing is a huge leap and will be very hard and challenging at times, but I am ready and willing for this new challenge ahead of me. In the months after my graduation, I have had a lot of time to think about what I really want to do with my life. I completely value my accounting degree from Iowa State, and am so very thankful to my parents who put me through my first round of college, however I have come to the realization that the accounting field is not really where I want to be fore the rest of my life. I want to care for and nurture people, and I believe a career in nursing will allow me to do that. I am fully confident that I will be able to "handle" a career in nursing. I am confident I will not only be able to "handle" it, but excel in it as well.

I hope you are all ready to take part in this journey with me. It begins in 2 weeks!

No comments: