Longest paper of my life to date. A case study on one of my patients from clinical. It took me about 7 hours to write, which is why I am a little surprised to actually have the desire to write anything else right now. But it is done and I am very proud of it and the work I put into it. I never thought I would be writing huge papers for nursing school, but it is a part of it and I survived my first one of the semester. I think we have two other big ones this semester and then a HUGE one for our final semester.
In other news, I did exceptionally well on my last nursing test over cardiac material and I am really proud of myself and my accomplishments in nursing this semester. I am really looking forward to the next few weeks when my clinicals switch from adult med-surg to pediatric clinicals. Not sure if I mentioned this yet but my pediatric clinicals will be at a long term care facility for kids. I have heard it is really a rewarding place and people learn a lot about the long term care of children.
Yesterday was my first "real" day of volunteering at the Children's Hospital. I am going in the early afternoon which turns out is naptime for a lot of the kids and their parents don't want them to go up to the playroom during that time. So instead we got to have some one on one time in some rooms with kids who weren't feeling well enough to go up to the playroom. It was so wonderful to see the smiles on their faces when we came into play. I am in love already and can't wait to go back next week :)
No comments:
Post a Comment