Monday, December 28, 2009

It's Been Awhile


When I first started blogging, I was really excited, and thought I would be blogging pretty regularly, adding photos, recipes, whatever I thought was interesting. The truth is, blogging is HARD!! I thought it would be easy to add things everyday or every other day, but really when I thought more about it, no one wants to read that on Monday I went to my internship, went to class, worked out, came home, showered, made dinner, did homework and went to bed, because then when I would write about my day Wednesday, it would be EXACTLY the same. Well pretty much :)

Soooo since I have been absent from the blog world the past month, I have a lot of new updates to share!

December really flew by! We had a week of regular school, dead week, and finals and then we were done! During dead week (the week before final exams) we were blessed with a snow day, which cancelled all classes at Iowa State. I know some people are thinking wow, a snow day what's the big deal, but a snow day at Iowa State is a HUGE deal. Classes were cancelled for half of a day in 2007 during my freshman year at Iowa State, and before that they hadn't been cancelled since 2001!! 14 inches of snow overnight paired with 50 MPH winds gave us our snow day. The day was spent with friends just having a relaxing fun time!

Brady and I recently celebrated our graduation from Iowa State University. It was a really fun weekend, as my family all flew in for 5 fun filled days in Ames. We went out to dinner with friends every night of the weekend, and my family and Brady's finally got to meet eachother! We had a fun little party at the Rebarcak's house followed by dinner and then a cyclone cake back at the house. Sunday was my little party for graduation, and we went to Centro in Des Moines and got to celebrate with my roommates and their families. It was a really fun time and I am so thankful that they were able to celebrate with me!

A few pictures Brady's sister Nealy took after Graduation

Cute kiss face :)



Callan and I outside of Centro in Des Moines after my graduation dinner! Mom just loved the blue lights and wanted us to take a picture for our Christmas card :)


My very besties and I at Centro :) Love you girls!


Silly picture with the fam at Centro. What a fun night!


I flew home with my parents after graduation weekend in Ames, and I will be here until January 4th. We had a great Christmas Eve, our usual tradition of the Feast of the Seven Fishes. Here's a blog on the Feast of the Seven Fishes if you are interested in learning more. My mom has celebrated Christmas Eve this way since she was born, and so have I. I hope that this tradition will always be in our family, it is such a wonderful night, and always the very best food!

Christmas day was a bit different this year than it ever has been. For the first time, our parents had to wake Callan and I up to open our presents instead of us coming into their room to wake them up! I guess we are growing up! Our presents were also a bit different this year, and what usually takes about an hour and a half was finished in about 30 minutes. We were very blessed with gifts this year, and very thankful for all that we received. I know how lucky we are to be able to have such a generous Christmas, and I think it is really important to realize that.

I guess that is a quick update of the past few weeks!

No comments: