Monday, February 15, 2010

Love is in the air


I worked both Friday and Saturday night at The Cafe this weekend, and because Valentine's Day happened to fall on a Sunday this year, everyone wanted to celebrate all weekend. Maybe you didn't, maybe I didn't, but everyone else seriously did. We were on a wait of over an hour pretty much the whole night on both Friday and Saturday, and all of the tables were mostly couples. In the most sarcastic of voices, I kept repeating to my co-workers "There is just so much love in the air!" only to be met with an even more sarcastic response. True, we chose to work this weekend, one of the busiest times we could, not to admire all of the wonderful happy couples, but to make good money. And we did, so we really couldn't complain when we were there until 11:45pm, exhausted, hungry, and feeling like if we had to tell one more person to enjoy the rest of their night, or thank you very much for coming in, we might scream. But we still felt that way.

It wasn't until the actual Valentine's Day when I got to relax, I could really relate to all those people I served this weekend. I really felt the love in the air :) Brady and I spent the day together, we went and saw Valentine's Day the movie (cheesy I know, but it was pretty cute) and then headed to my apartment to make dinner. Brady helped out with the flatbread while I started the S'more Brownies . It was really fun to watch him help me cook, and I think he might have thought it was fun too?? I attempted to make gnocchi, which turned out fine until I cooked it and left it in the water too long and it disinegrated. I was crushed, and almost near tears, but my amazing boyfriend told me it was okay, everything else would be wonderful anyways. So I put a pot of water on and boiled some penne. Easy fix. Our main course was pacific cod, that I cooked in parchment paper pouches with lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, oregeno, and parsley. The fish turned out beautiful, and next to the boxed pasta looked even better :) We enjoyed our dinner with some white wine, and I caught myself just staring at him for a good portion of the dinner. Brady gave me a very sweet card, and a new Starbucks travel cup. It was very thoughtful since he knows I will use it all the time!

My second Valentine's Day with Brady was fabulous, and I couldn't have asked for anything more. I love you B!

No comments: