Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Week One...DONE


Well, since I started my first day of Nursing School at Mercy last Wednesday, I figured it appropriate to mark today as my "official" completion of week one. {All other weeks will end on Friday, hopefully in the car on the way to Clear Lake} Anyways, week one went well, I have already had 2 vocab quizzes {today got 100%!) and my first exam was on Monday. We seem to be flying through the material which is to be expected with 5 hour classes 3 times a week! It has been pretty intersting for the most part, but I am really looking forward to our hospital clinicals and actually starting my coursework to become an RN. Right now I am taking a nursing assistant course which is a prerequisite for starting the actual nursing program at Mercy. Some people choose to only get be CNA's, which is great, because from what we are learning now they seem to really do a lot for patients that the RN's don't really have time to do. Especially after what we have done this week, I KNOW I want to be an RN :) A lot of CNA work is in long term care facilities and I am more looking forward to specality areas in the hospitals.

I am also taking 3 other classes in addition to my nursing assistant course, developmental pyshchology, critical thinking (philosophy) and music theory. These courses are the only additional ones I needed to complete outside of the normal coursework because of all of the credits I transfered in from Iowa State.

Well only 7 more weeks to go of NA class, CANT WAIT!

No comments: