I really didn't do a whole lot of measuring, or follow any particular recipe. I have looked at tons of recipes for stuffed peppers and I just kind of combined some things from a lot of different recipes and made my own :) A lot of recipes also call for some sort of sauce like a tomato sauce that you put on top. I skipped the sauce but I am sure it would be good with one if you wanted to add it.
Ingredients:
ground turkey
fresh garlic, chopped
red onion, chopped
2 red bell peppers to stuff
1 yellow bell pepper chopped
oregano
s&p
olive oil
feta cheese
quinoa, cooked
I started by cooking the bell peppers, onions and garlic with olive oil, and then added the turkey. Make sure to use enough olive oil to keep the turkey moist. Add spices.
Meanwhile cook the quinoa and then combine quinoa and meat and veggie mixture in a bowl.
Cut the tops off of the 2 red bell peppers and clean out the seeds. Stuff halfway with the mixture, top with feta and fill with the rest of the mixture to the top. Top with more feta and drizzle with olive oil.
Cook at 350 in the oven in a pan with a little olive oil in it so the bottoms of the peppers don't stick. Cook for about 35-40 minutes or until you can pierce the outside of the pepper easily with a fork.
Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment