Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wednesday Quickie

Just thought I would get on and share a few tidbits of the last few weeks. Getting good at this aren't I??

Well I am officially half way through 3rd semester of nursing school which also means I am halfway through my WHOLE nursing program!! Yes indeed, by next April (10 months!) I will be done with school and on my way to studying for boards, passing boards, and being a nurse!

In other news, I went up to Clear Lake again with the Rebarcaks for the 4th of July. This was definetly one to remember. There was a storm on Friday night that not only left us without power, but without water too! Because everyone on the lake is hooked up to a well, and the well pump is electric, no water. No flushing toilets, no showers, no washing our hands. Luckily hand sanitizer, bottled water, and a public bathroom down the street saved us, along with Brady's mom who walked down to the picnic area to use the outlet and provide us with hot breakfast, lunch and dinner. A huge tree branch crashed through the back of Brady's car and broke his back windshield, and one of his sister's had some damage to her car also, but thankfully everyone was safe. Other than the exciting events of that, the weekend was spent boating, swimming, laying out, cooking, eating and playing with the babies :) Very fun 4th.

Wednesday's from now on are pretty nice for me because I am done with my mental health clinicals, so I don't have class except for a few in August. I hopefully will use them as a productive day :) Today I am working lunch and dinner at the restaurant I started at downtown, Americana. One of the best things about working here is that I live 2 blocks away! I get to walk to work everyday and I just love that! Usually at night I drive for my shift because I am not sure what time I will get off and don't want to walk alone at night. (That one's for you mommy)

Zoey has been really good lately. She has started a little routine of waking me up every morning between 6:30 and 7:30 to go out for a walk. This is kind of nice because it gets me up early and gets my day started, but some days it would really be nice to get to sleep in :) We walk to Starbucks a few blocks away and then through the sculpture garden and back home.

I think this was a little more than a quickie, but I am glad I got to give an update! Happy Wednesday and have a good rest of the week!

No comments: