I think our family has a lot of great traditions and one of my favorite is making Easter Pie. I know when I was younger I definitely didn't put any thought into this "thing" my mom did every year on Good Friday. Over the last 5-ish years I would have to say that I have taken a whole lot more pride and interest into the traditions that my family has, one being the Easter Pie. I know I have posted in the past about it, and this year I made it again without my mom. Only the second time, but I have a feeling it won't be the last. My friend Natalie came over to join, and of course she has been sworn to secrecy to never reproduce the pie on her own, or for any other occasion than Easter, or with anyone other than myself. Okay maybe I took the secrecy a little to far, but seriously, we have to protect our secrets, right fam?? Over the course of the day I emailed back and forth with other family members making the pie as well as a late night video chat with my mom and cousin Natalie as they were finishing theirs. We have pieces frozen to sample when my mom and uncle Frank come out for graduation in a few weeks. We will be seeing just who's pie is the best :) Here are some pictures of my pie experience!
1 comment:
omg that looks so good!
Post a Comment