Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hitting the pavement

I just got back from my first "run" since the accident. Actually before I jump into this lets rewind 4 weeks...

I was in great shape. Ready to run Dam to Dam (12.4 mile road race, biggest 20K in the country might I add) I was running 4-5 times per week, and was a little nervous for the race, but knew I would be able to handle it.

Then the accident happened and among other things my body was just not ready to run. I have walked a lot with Zoey the past few weeks which I thought might keep me in shape.

Not the case.

Today's run if I should even be allowed to call it that, was simply put, miserable. I ran about a mile and a half and afterward was completely dead. Seriously, I ran my same 8 minute mile pace, and was just dead. I usually have a bit of a push at the end of my runs, not today. Today's run ended with me walking the last 10 feet back to my apartment, and staring in disbelief that my app on my iPhone, only read 1.51 miles. I felt for sure I had run at least 2, I mean come onnnn!

So today is just day one on my road back to a 5 mile-a-day runner and hopefully tomorrow I might actually make it to 2.

No comments: