Friday, October 29, 2010

Thurdays - no longer a favorite

Thursdays used to be one of my favorite days of the week. Not so much anymore. Not even not so much, just not at all. My Thursdays used to be filled with class, a workout, and then dinner with the girls, wine and Greys. This was social night. This was girls night. This was wine night, followed by a good sleep and sleeping in.

Now? Class from 8-4:30, come home, take Zoey for a walk, and try to sleep for a few hours until Kelsey comes over. Once she gets here, its dinner at home and Greys, no wine, and then another short nap/rest before it's off to work 11-7:30. I get home between 7:45 and 8 depending on how crazy of a night it has been {last night was nuts, don't even want to get into it} and then shower, play with Zoey, and fall asleep. I just woke up "for real" about an hour ago. When I say "for real" I mean up for the day. I get up a few times during my sleep to deal with Zoey, get a drink, go potty, etc. So if you can do the math, that's 2:00pm. Yep, I am nocturnal Thursday through Saturday. At least I am already showered, hair washed, and has dried by the time I wake up.

I don't hate that I am working overnights, don't get me wrong. I actually really like them. This week I got to have a little bit of the old normal greys and girls night. We added some guac and bread and olive oil, tea for me and wine for them. It was fun to all be together, and I wish more Thursdays could be like the old Thursdays. Oh well, we all put in our time some time right?

Now Zoey and I are just lounging in bed. It's getting super cold here and my warm bed just seems a whole lot better than anywhere else in 30 degree weather. Yes I know that it is just the beginning, and yes I know that I need to not start thinking about how terrible it will be because I will never survive. Remember this post? Yes, well I am trying to not get to sounding like that this soon.

On a lighter note, I tried on the rainboots this week... I don't LOVE them! Weird!! I thought I totally would, but I don't, so I hope no one actually took my hint and got them for me yet :)

I am off to run errands in the 4 hours I have left before work. Home Depot here I come!

No comments: