Next best thing?? HOT SOUP!
I decided to make vegetable soup in the crock pot yesterday and it turned out fabulous! Granted I will be eating this soup for the next month since I pretty much filled the pot to the rim, I am very pleased with my first attempt at soup from scratch and will be happy to eat it till Christmas!
Ingredients:
1 qt vegetable stock
2 chopped carrots (I ended up using about 20 baby carrots because I had them already)
1 chopped onion
1 can cannellini beans
1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
2 cups chopped spinach
1 chopped zucchini
S&P
garlic
fresh thyme
2 1/2 C cooked pastina pasta (little stars)
parmesan cheese for garnish
In the crock pot combine vegetable stock, carrots, onion, beans, tomatoes, S&P, garlic and thyme. Cover and cook on high 3-4 hours or on low 5-6 hours.
About 30 minutes prior to finish add the spinach, zucchini and pastina. Cover and let cook remaining 30 minutes, or longer to make sure zucchini is soft. Season with S&P to taste and top with fresh parmesan.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment