Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sleep Deprived


Another post about sleep deprivation. Hmmm.. maybe I should start following what my nursing textbooks actually say and get some sleep..

Nah, sleep is for the birds. Or at least until I get to go home and go to bed :)

One of the PCT's that works night shift got fired suddenly and so there have been a lot of holes to fill in his shifts. I decided to take one of his shifts last night, and just got off about an hour ago. Since I have class at 9:00 I decided to just head to school instead of driving home for 10 minutes and having to turn around. What a perfect time for a post right?? Actually I tried to do a bit of homework just now and was on the verge of falling asleep. Somehow writing this is actually giving me a little burst of energy! Thank goodness!

Today I have a review for my anatomy test on Monday. Yesterday was our final lab with our cats, and I can honestly say I am SOOOO happy for that! They were getting pretty gross. We did get our use out of them though, fully disecting them down to the blood vessels and learning about all of the structures in the cat body, organs, bones and muscles. A very interesting choice for learning, but also very effective.

I am looking forward to sleeping in about 4 hours, and do have an exciting post to write about later tonight, complete with pictures, so get excited for that :)

No comments: