So obviously this is my belated Thanksgiving post, but better late than never right? Yes.
So much has happened this past year that I have to be thankful for. First and foremost is life itself. The car accident really put into perspective how lucky we are to have life, to live, to love, and to be loved. I am so thankful for God watching over us that day and giving us all the rest we have had so far.
I am so thankful for my wonderful, amazing, supportive family. From the accident to my journey through nursing school and every other decision and hard time in between you have been there and have been supportive and loving and caring. I love you so much, and I am very excited to get to spend the holidays with you!
I am thankful for my fabulous friends! While we may not have the same friendships as we used to because of changing lives, schedules, work, school, and other commitments, I know that we will always maintain our friendships and keep close. I am also thankful for my new friends both at school and work. It is fun to make new friends and go on these new paths together.
I am thankful for a warm bed to sleep in, food to fill my belly, and a warm coat to wear as the temps start to drop. I know that not everyone has these luxeries and I am very thankful for the things that I have in my life. I have been blessed with the means to live comfortably and I think I take that for granted a lot, this is something I am going to try very hard to work on.
I am thankful for heated seats. I am thankful for my puppy Zoey. She has been such a treat to have and has really grown up lately. She keeps me company and is a great companion. I am thankful for winter boots, Starbucks Coffee, and peanut butter. I am thankful for cafeteria food at 2am when working nights at the hospital. I am thankful for the ability to cook, clean, run, walk, talk, laugh, love, and smile.
I hope that everyone had a very thankful Thanksgiving. I know that we always talk about what we are thankful for around this time of year, but lets try to think of one thing we are thankful for every single day of the year. Say this out loud, tell someone else, or write it down. Be thankful :)
No comments:
Post a Comment