Tuesday, April 5, 2011

City Girl

Okay, I know that half of the people reading this live on the East or West Coast and will be making a face when I say this, but I moved to the City! Yep, I have moved to Downtown Des Moines and am living in a FABULOUS loft all by myself! {okay Zoey lives here too, but you know}

It has been such a great and exciting new adventure for me, and I am absolutely loving it. After living with roommates for the past 4 years I finally decided it was time to move out and be on my own. My new apartment is downtown, 5 minutes from school and work which in the past month has been one of the greatest things ever! Living at the old apartment I was leaving 30-40 minutes early to get to school or work, and over the winter some days even an hour. It has been so convientient to be this close and get to come home in between classes or after work in the morning before school. I am also just loving being downtown with all of the action. Even though Des Moines is not Seattle, the feeling of being in a city just makes me happy.

I'll take some pictures hopefully soon, it's still a bit of a work in progress over here :) Really looking forward to summer and the patios downtown, Farmers Market, Nightfall at the River, and running at Grey's Lake with Zoey.

No comments: