Friday, March 9, 2012

Fabulous Friday Five {the exciting and tasty edition}

Once again, WHAT. A. WEEK. Seriously, I thought last week was jam-packed and exciting, but ohh baby, this week topped it. I don't even know which exciting part to start with!

1. Crazy Posting. Okay this probably doesn't even deserve to get on the list, but I think of it as an accomplishment so I will add it. I posted not once, not twice, but 3 times this week {not including this one!}. Seriously I can't even believe it with all that went on, but I did it :) So pat me on the back or let me know you liked my posts!
2. Homemade Pizza. Ben and I made homemade pizza on Saturday night and it was sooo yummy. We actually did this one of the first times we hung out, so it was kinda fun to get to do it again :) Homemade pizza is probably one of my favorites because you can choose WHATEVER you want on it, however much you want on it, and basically everything about it. Ben made taco pizza again, and I made a pesto pizza.
Ben cooking his taco meat

Getting his sauce on 

Fresh out of the oven

 
Topping it with doritos

Tadaaaaa! 

 The beginning of my pesto zaaa


Topping with tomatoes and the finished zaa before cooking


Tadaaaaaaa!



3. ICU Clincals. We started this week in the ICU for our final clinical rotation. I will say I was a bit nervous my first day, but really feel like I picked it up and got the hang of it rather quickly. Of course next week is a whole new week with potentially a whole new set of patients, but I am ready and excited for it. We have clinical twice a week so I actually got to take care of the same patient both days, which is really a blessing because not only was I more comfortable with knowing everything he needed or what was going on with him, but I could see the progress he made over the two days.
4. CPR. This kind of goes along with the previous, but I gave CPR to a real person during clinical! I can't even believe it, the whole thing was a little surreal, but I helped in an emergency situation! It was quite the experience and obviously for privacy reasons I can't really share all of the details, but I was a part of it, and helped! It was awesome.
5. The weather. This week the weather I think is finally turning into spring. Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself saying that, but Tuesday it was 70!! Unfortunately I had to be in class and clinical all day and didn't get to enjoy it, but I just am happy that it's finally starting to be spring around here, I am really sick of winter!

Okay kinda short and some were kinda lame, but oh well, at least I got it done :) Happy Friday and Happy weekend everyone!


No comments: