Thursday, March 8, 2012

{New} Stuffed Peppers

I know I have posted a recipe for stuffed peppers already, but the peppers I made last night are 100 times better than the first recipe! Seriously, if you are in the mood for something amazing, try these! Annnnnd, I even happened to take picture along the way :)

Ingredients:
  • ground turkey ( I bought one lb. and had extra mixture afterwards, so 1/2 lb would be sufficient if you don't want extra filling. 
  • 2 celery stalks diced small
  • 1/2 chopped onion
  • 1 chopped bell pepper (I used red)
  • 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
  • 3-4 green onions chopped
  • rosemary
  • red pepper flakes
  • salt & pepper
  • olive oil
  • Parmesan
  • breadcrumbs
  • chili powder
  • fresh sage
  • 3 bell peppers for stuffing
Method:
  • Heat medium saute pan with olive oil, add turkey, season with rosemary, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, cook until turkey is mostly done
  • Add diced celery, onion and chopped bell pepper to turkey, season again if needed with same seasoning. Cook until veggies are soft and add quinoa
  • Remove from heat, stir in green onions

  • Mix together breadcrumbs, Parmesan, chopped sage, and chili powder for topping of peppers and set aside. 
  • In a baking dish add water so it barely covers the bottom of the pan. 
  • Cut bell peppers length wise, remove seeds and place open side up in pan
    •  Spoon filling into the peppers and top with breadcrumb mixture


    • Bake at 400 for 30 minutes :)

    No comments: