Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

I have to say that I have been very blessed in the mother department. I have my own wonderful mommy who birthed me, raised me, punished me, loved me, taught me right from wrong, tested me, allowed me to test her, supported me, and believed in me, among about 1000 other wonderful things.

I also have been a wonderful step-monster mother Raine who has been such a great woman to know and learn from as well.

Other wonderful mother's include Kelsey's mom Kerri who since my freshman year at Iowa State has really pulled me under her wing and treated me like one of her own while I was away from my own mommy. She has been such a great mom to me the past 6 years, and I am so thankful for the friendship I have with Kelsey and the relationship I have gotten to have with her mama.

I think being so far away from my own mama makes it a little harder being around everyone else who gets to have theirs all the time. All the mothers that are in my life are wonderful and I feel like I learn a little from each of you with every encounter. Love you all mothers and hope you have a very special day :)

No comments: