Since Brady and I both didn't go anywhere for Spring Break, we decided that we would spend an ENTIRE day together hanging out and having fun, which is exactly what we did! Our day started when he picked me up to go to the rec where we worked out seperatly, and then played racquetball. I really like playing racquetball, which I never thought I would because of how fast the ball flies at you, but it really is a lot of fun, and it's a great activity for us to do together :) After cleaning up we headed to the mall for a little shopping :) We both picked out some cute stuff and then headed off to lunch at Qudoba. Side note on Qudoba..the first few times we went I was not impressed, but this time it was AWESOME! They have a new "pick two" sort of a thing like at Panera where you can get two small items instead of one big one. I had a small cheese quesadilla and a naked taco salad (naked=no shell) It was perfect! After lunch we headed to Best Buy just to look. It was kinda fun looking at all of the big tv's and deciding which we would get if we got one, which obviously neither of us will be getting anytime soon. We picked up a Papa Murphys pizza to-go and headed back to my apartment to watch some basketball, eventually eat the pizza and watch the movie "The Hurt Locker". The movie was pretty good, I mean it did win movie of the year so I was expecting it to be good. A little confusing at times, but for me at least those war movies usually are.
So Friday was a perfect Spring Break Date Day. Thanks B for making it so fun :)
Saturday I headed to Des Moines to pick up my roommate Kelsey. She had a great Spring Break in Phoenix and was ready to head back up to Ames. We made a trip to Jordan Creek Mall before heading back, and then before I knew it, I had to go to work. So I worked Saturday night, and then Sunday just had another pretty relaxing day, and worked Sunday night.
I feel like I had a great balance this weekend of work to relaxing and I loved it! I wasn't stressed about working too much or bored with nothing to do and it was a great feeling, and has left me ready for the week ahead. I hope everyone has a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment