Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Note to Mother


For those of you who know my mother, you may know she has a few obsessive tendencies. I have found throughout the years that it is best to agree with her and comply with whatever the task is she may be asking for assistance with, no matter how absurd it may be. Now this post isn't really about one of her obsessive tendencies, because I think most people including myself will agree that they like their clothes to come out of the dryer right away to avoid getting wrinkled. However until today, I never really understood why bedsheets were so important and why she cared so much about getting them out before they got wrinkled. I mean they go on your bed or in the closet, and people rarely see them.

But after today Mommy, I understand. I waited about 10 minutes after the dryer ended to go get my laundry, and my sheets were instantly wrinkled, and I have never been more annoyed or bothered by the sight of wrinkly things than at that moment. And even after "fluffing" them (running the dryer for a few more minutes) they still remained wrinkled. I folded them as best I could and as flat as I could, and when I got home (thanks Wade's for letting me do my laundry at your house :)) I pulled them out to put them on my bed, and they were still wrinkled.

Maybe I don't have enough things to worry about perfecting these days, and so the state of my sheets has become a priority for perfection, or maybe I have just grown up and realized that even if your room is clean, it really just looks better when your sheets aren't wrinkled. Whatever it may be, Mom I thank you and probably blame you a bit for this obessive new tendancy. I love you anyways, and I am sure that because of this new obsession, the rooms in my future house will be full of unwrinkled sheets.

On another note, putting clean sheets on the bed may be the worst part of housecleaning ever. It really just is all around frusterating. But sleeping in those clean soft sheets defientely makes up for it!

No comments: