Whooooooooa!!!! I feel I have been a little neglectful the past month with my posting and I sincerely apologize for this! After my crazy week of travel in my last post, I successfully completed my first 'real' semester of nursing school! I have to say I am very proud of myself and the grades I got this semester, as well as all of the transitioning I did the past few months. Looking back this semester had many major adjustments:
- Moving to West Des Moines, new apartment, new area, no more Ames :(
- STARTING nursing classes, clincials and science courses that were a whole new world for me.
- Brady moving to Minneapolis. Probably one of the biggest daily adjustments to deal with, not getting to see each other whenever we want, having to plan weekends and time to see each other, unlike the past 2 1/2 years of just getting to call and meet up for lunch or a movie, or to study at the library. I really struggled with this, and it is still a struggle :)
- My job at the hospital!! Huge change! Working overnights, learning about patient care in addition to what I am learning in school, and hopefully making some great friends! I love my job at the hospital, but have definitely had some trouble wanting to go in. I have found lately it is just so hard to make myself excited about going to work. Once I am there everything is okay and great, but something about getting there is just hard. I think I think about what everyone else is doing, and they are hanging out with friends, or getting to just sleep and relax, and it makes it hard to keep myself together. If anyone has suggestions, I would love to hear them!!
Another semester starts on Monday, and I am really looking forward to it and all of the new things I will learn and new skills to practice at clinical. We are doing maternity and pediatrics this semester, and I could not be more excited. I really hope the semester gives me great insight into both of these areas since I am pretty sure I want to be a nurse in one of these areas.
Stay tuned for some more late {again} updates :)
No comments:
Post a Comment