Friday, January 7, 2011

Tis the Season

Christmas this year was so fabulous. I always think each year we are so blessed and then boom, I feel even more blessed the next. I have such an amazing family and Christmas time is such a special time for our family. This Christmas was even a little bit more special because a certain 4-legged friend took her first airplane ride, and came home to Seattle with me! Zoey and I took off from Minneapolis, Brady had to drop us off verrrrrry early for our flight, but she did so good on the plane! I was a little worried she wouldn't do so good being in her airplane carrier the whole time, but she was a rock star, didn't bark once on the plane!



It was really fun for my parents to finally meet Zoey. I could tell they really did love her being around :) She got some presents at home, one of them being this handcrafted doggie house!





For Christmas Eve we did our traditional Feast of the Seven Fishes and as always it was fabulous. I am so happy I didn't have to miss it! Since the hospital is obviously open 24/7 365 days a year, someone always has to work holidays. We rotate them, and Christmas Eve and Christmas were one of my holidays to work. Thankfully someone switched with me and I worked Thanksgiving instead. Dinner was delish and it was fun to catch up with my cousins and best family friends.

My mom has been making Italian cookies for the past few years and this year I took some pictures of them! They are so good!



Our tree on Christmas morning. Zoey and I were up fairly early with mom and pretty much had to drag Callan out of bed so we could open presents.


I loved being home and getting to spend time with my family over the holiday. We went out to dinner to a few great restaurants and also went as a family to The 5th Avenue Theater to see A Christmas Story The Musical. It was a great rendition of the classic holiday movie A Christmas Story, and it was exciting to see how they made the movie into a musical. The young kid who played Ralphie was amazing, and had a fabulous voice.

So for the 500th time in this post I had SUCH a great time at home with my family! Can't wait to see them again soon!

No comments: