Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Chicken Parmesan & Spinach and Red Pepper Pasta

Chicken is one of the easiest things to make, and it can be pretty healthy and tasty too. I made chicken Parmesan for dinner Monday night and it was super yummy. I think leftovers will probably be eaten tonight too :) I have always loved my mom's chicken parm, so I did mine pretty similar to hers. She never does the marinara and cheese on top, although I think my brother likes it that way these days so she modifies his when she makes it. I did the same for Ben's, and had mine the way mama makes it.

Ingredients:
  • chicken breasts
  • grated Parmesan
  • bread crumbs
  • fresh sage, chopped
  • fresh garlic, chopped
  • s&p
  • melted butter
Method:
  • Flatten the chicken breasts, (I used a coffee mug with the chicken under plastic wrap because I don't have a meat mallet. 
  • Combine parm, breadcrumbs, sage, garlic and salt and pepper in a container big enough to dip the chicken breasts in. 
  • Dip the chicken breasts in melted butter, then the breading, and place in a baking dish. 
  • Drizzle a *small* amount of butter on each chicken breast. 
  • Bake at 425 for about 25-30 minutes. If you are adding marinara and mozzarella, cook 20 minutes add marinara and mozz on top and cook another 5-10 minutes or until mozz is melted. 
I also made a little clean out the refrigerator pasta to go with the chicken as well as a salad. Here's the pasta:
 
Ingredients:
  • any type of pasta
  • fresh garlic, chopped
  • fresh spinach
  • red bell pepper, sliced in 1 inch strips
  • olive oil
  • s&p
  • Parmesan
Method:
  • Cook pasta according to package, set aside
  • Heat olive oil in a medium pan, saute garlic until soft
  • Add bell peppers and spinach, cooking until spinach is just starting to wilt
  • Add pasta and saute everything together for another 1-2 minutes. I don't like over cooking the spinach, but if you like it really cooked, probably 3-4 minutes. 
  • Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and top with Parmesan. 
Halfway through Ben eating I decided to take a picture

No comments: