Nursing school has been a whirlwind of change and adjusting for me. One of the hardest parts has been figuring out how to balance everything in my life, studying, school, working, socializing, relaxing, and working out. I think the area I have really failed at has been working out. It would seem as if I would get into a routine for a week or so only to have a big test and 3 over night shifts come up, sending my routine clear out the window. I will admit that over the past year and a half I have in no way worked out or been as healthy as I would have liked to be, but with the end in sight (7 weeks just say it out loud another time) I feel as if I am finally able to start putting my workout routine back into serious play. I have kind of started a little game with myself, complete with rewards and underlying goals. While I have been lacking in the workout department, we all know I don't lack in the shopping department, so I have decided to pit the two against each other. In an attempt to get back in shape and save some money I have come up with a scheme lasting 5 weeks. No buying anything that isn't a necessity. Clothes, shoes, makeup, nothing that I don't ABSOLUTELY need to survive. I'm thinking this entails food, toiletries, school items, and whatever else I NEED. During this 5 weeks, I am to workout at least 6 days a week for at least 30 minutes a day. I am on day 4 and am surviving both challenges. My reward for completing? Buying myself a new outfit if I am able to do the workout part. The 5 weeks start over if I fail to get 6 days in, and I haven't quite figured out how to punish myself for spending money yet... Suggestions?
I am actually having fun doing this and keeping track, I have made a little calender with different colors and each day I workout I get to put how long and in the case of running, how many miles. I like seeing my progress each day and I am really excited to have my full calender filled out at the end of the 5 weeks. Who knows, maybe I will be able to keep it up and have a whole collection of workout calenders?!
Wish me luck on my little challenge! On a side note, I also gave up candy and ice cream for Lent. We'll see how this one goes too :) Happy Wednesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment