Whew. What. A. Week.
I have a fabulous five to share from the week, so I will jump right in.
1. Monday Sushi Date! Natalie and I tried a new sushi place in the skywalk on Monday afternoon, and it was delish! They had great lunch deals, but Natalie had a groupon for it anyways so we got a great deal on some good rolls and miso soup. I love sushi, and Natalie does too, so it is really fun to try different rolls with her and get to catch up over a nice lunchy. I will be going back again for sure!
2. Behavior class for Zoey. Yep, finally broke down and decided the little pooch needed some "official" training. So last Sunday was her first of 6 weeks of beginner behavior training. I was actually quite surprised because she was not the worst dog in the class, and by far. The first day was really a lot of orientation, and simple commands like "sit" {which she has already mastered} and "look at me". She has been doing a
3. Taking my final and having our last clincal day of Transition to Professional Practice course. Yes, we are officially done with the first half of our semester, took our final and will now switch to the critical care course. It is kind of nice the classes are broken down into two completely separate courses, my GPA is really happy about that right now too :) We had to do presentations for our class Tuesday afternoon and they went really well too. I loved my preceptor course but I am really looking forward to critical care starting next week. I also just found out I get to be in the neuro/trauma/medical ICU for my clincals which was what I was hoping for. Yay for 7 more weeks of hard work!
4. NCLEX Seminar!! Okay so this wasn't really very fun to attend because the content of course was very dry and slightly overwhelming, but the idea behind it all, studying for NCLEX, registering for NCLEX and licensure, and the potential jobs that could be waiting for me after graduation is really exciting. It was also a fun day because I went out for some celebratory cocktails with some of my nursing friends. We haven't gotten to see each other as much as past semesters because of preceptorships and split classes, but it was fun to get to catch up. We also came to the realization that we will never again have proper table conversation ever again. The majority of our conversation was centered around patients, conditions, disgusting things, that in any other company would have made people cringe. Unfortunately we also all came to realize that we say a lot of those things around our loved ones and non-nursing friends too, so working on that is on my list. Not everyone wants to hear about all of the blood, vomit, urine, and poop we get to deal with on a daily basis, so I will try to keep my talk of it to a minimum.
So that was my top fabulous five of the week. Did everyone else have a good week too?! Let me know!





No comments:
Post a Comment