3 miles. 5 miles. Saturday morning. 4 degrees. Flannel.
Burrrr. We did the Red Flannel Run through downtown Des Moines on Saturday morning, and while it was my idea to do it, I think I had the least amount of fun out of everyone. It was FREEZING and the cold took me completely off guard. I had planned on running the 5 mile with Kelsey and Natalie while Ben and Max ran the 3 mile, but when it came down to it and the split came, I took the route to finish 2 miles sooner and did the 3. I was FREEZING. Ben literally smooshed my face with his hands for a least 5 minutes to warm it up. I don't think I have ever been that cold, I couldn't even talk my face was numb! Despite the cold, I did have fun, it was nice to spend a Saturday morning at a race with the besties and the boyfriend, followed by celebratory mimosas.
 |
| Ben and I on my patio before braving the cold |
 |
| And again at the race |
 |
| Nat and Max and Ben and me :) |
 |
| Natalie is cold, and Max really took dressing up seriously |
 |
| Yayyyyy we did it! Finished, kept our flannel on and headed to Americana for some breakfast cocktails :) |
 |
| My two besties Kelsey and Natalie |
 |
| The girls :) |
|
|
|
So that was the race and Saturday morning. The afternoon was spent napping, followed by an evening double date with Max and Natalie. It is always so fun to get together with the two of them, Ben and Max have really hit it off...
But really, what a fun night. Sunday was a relaxing, with a little studying, going to see Kelsey and Nick's new house, and Chili for dinner with Ben. I had my preceptorship overnight which was a pretty long night, but really learned a lot.
Tonight and tomorrow night are my last two for my preceptorship and then I will be done! Whew 100 hours of pediatric experience under my belt... someone find me a peds job!!
No comments:
Post a Comment